Tea Company Goes “Green”
The top three solutions proposed by the GaMEP in the IAC report were to:
- Repair air links found in their compressed air system
- Reduce the compressed air set point pressure
- Install variable frequency drive (VFD) controllers on their vacuum pumps
These recommendations have the potential to bring the company halfway to its carbon reduction goal, while also saving them $30,000 per year.
Craft Beer Company Brews Confidence and Cost Savings through Energy Assessment
By working with the GaMEP, Creature Comforts Brewing Co. has:
- Projected a savings of $20,000 in electrical costs over a 12-month period
- Become more efficient in pounds of carbon dioxide used per barrel of beer produced, decreasing from 19 pounds to 16 pounds.
- Collaborated with the University Of Georgia College Of Engineering Capstone Senior Design Program to work with students on designing and implementing a CHP power system by April 2022, which has the potential to produce cost savings of up to $40,000 per year.
- Improved overall employee confidence and knowledge in executing best practices and implementing technology to improve energy efficiency throughout their facility.